- Key concepts in asset management
- Elements of an asset management framework
- Alignment of asset management planning to strategic organisational plan
- Content of an asset management plan
- Maturity models
- Advanced asset management features
- Developing an asset management plan
- Links to long term financial planning
- Responsibilities of asset managers
Who should attend?
The workshop is designed to assist those who are accountable for various aspects of asset management in capital intensive local governments and state government departments across procurement, asset maintenance, and finance functions. No knowledge of the topics is assumed, as the workshop introduces asset management concepts. The workshop is suitable for chief executive officers, finance and procurement managers, and project management teams.
The QTC Education Program is only available to Queensland Public Sector Employees (this includes employees of the Queensland Government, Queensland government departments, local governments, statutory corporations, and other entities to the extent they have an association or are related to the State of Queensland) and QTC employees. By registering for a workshop or webinar, you acknowledge that you are a Queensland Public Sector Employee. QTC/UQ reserves the right to unenroll any person that is not a Queensland Public Sector Employee or QTC employee from any workshop or webinar in the Education Program. If you are unenrolled from a workshop or webinar you will be entitled to receive a full refund of any workshop fees paid.
At the completion of the workshop participants will understand:
- key asset management concepts
- the key elements of ISO55000 and an asset management framework
- factors impacting asset management maturity models, and
- responsibilities of those involved in strategic asset management.
In addition, participants will be able to:
- identify linkages between their organisation’s strategic plan and asset plans, and
- influence alignment between asset management planning and other aspects of their business management.
Participants will develop or review an asset management plan towards the end of the session to reinforce the concepts introduced throughout the workshop.
Continuing professional development
Completion of QTC Education Program workshops may be recognised for the purpose of continuing professional development hours for members of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD), CPA Australia, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA), Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FINSIA), Governance Institute of Australia, and other professional bodies and associations.
|2 September - 9 September||Two 3-hour sessions||Online||$660|