- National Competition Policy and competitive neutrality
- Corporatisation, commercialisation and full cost pricing
- The building blocks approach to costing and pricing:
- Asset valuation, depreciation issues and capex
- The cost of capital with and without tax
- Return on capital and return of capital
- Prudent and efficient operating costs
Who should attend?
The workshop is designed to assist those responsible for decision making on service provision, including directors, chief executive officers, finance and treasury managers, and professional officers. No knowledge of the topics is assumed; participants with prior experience may find the workshop useful to refresh and extend their knowledge.
The QTC Education Program is only available to Queensland Public Sector Employees (this includes employees of the Queensland Government, Queensland government departments, local governments, statutory corporations, and other entities to the extent they have an association or are related to the State of Queensland) and QTC employees. By registering for a workshop or webinar, you acknowledge that you are a Queensland Public Sector Employee. QTC/UQ reserves the right to unenroll any person that is not a Queensland Public Sector Employee or QTC employee from any workshop or webinar in the Education Program. If you are unenrolled from a workshop or webinar you will be entitled to receive a full refund of any workshop fees paid.
At the completion of the workshop participants will be able to understand:
- understand competitive neutrality and how it applies to costing and pricing
- be able to compare and contrast methods to achieve competitive neutrality, and
- identify the components of the building block pricing model
The online workshop has been designed so that participants can participate individually or in small workplace groups. Either way you can work on the exercises and reflective practices to provide an insight into the why and how of full cost pricing.
Continuing professional development
Completion of QTC Education Program workshops may be recognised for the purpose of continuing professional development hours for members of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD), CPA Australia, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA), Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FINSIA), Governance Institute of Australia, and other professional bodies and associations.