- Financial governance frameworks
- Financial reporting requirements
- ‘True and fair’ declarations
- Three-way financial statements
- Financial sustainability
- Financial risk management techniques
- ‘Value for money’ frameworks
- Efficient and effective asset management
- Evaluation of value-adding opportunities
- The interrelationships between financial statements, good financial decisions, and prudent and efficient asset management
Who should attend?
The workshop is designed for decision makers and finance staff who are responsible for financial reporting, financial risk management and/or project evaluation. No knowledge of the topics is assumed; participants with prior experience may find the workshop useful to refresh and extend their knowledge.
At the completion of the workshop, participants will be able to understand:
- the key drivers of financial risk management and financial sustainability
- financial risk and sustainability issues
- what a good financial governance framework looks like.
In addition, participants will be able to:
- understand and interpret the financial statements of corporate entities
- monitor an entity’s progress toward sustainability
- ask proponents of new initiatives the right questions at the right times
- deliver value-for-money outcomes for stakeholders.
Participants will work together to analyse their own organisations’ financial reports as they learn how to interpret statutory financial information. They will also gain an understanding of the questions that should be asked and the tools that can be used to improve an entity’s financial performance.
Earn your graduate certificate
This workshop could contribute toward a Graduate Certificate in Business Leadership (Public Sector Finance), offered by The University of Queensland exclusively for the QTC Education Program.
For the workshop to contribute toward the graduate certificate, you must apply and be accepted into the program before enrolling in the workshop. Visit the Graduate Certificate in Business Leadership page to find out more about the program and how to apply.
Continuing professional development
Completion of QTC Education Program workshops may be recognised for the purpose of continuing professional development hours for members of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD), CPA Australia, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA), Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FINSIA), Governance Institute of Australia, and other professional bodies and associations.
Request this workshop
Financial Management for Decision Makers can be delivered as a tailored workshop. Our tailored workshops are contextualised to your sector and designed to address your specific organisational needs. Contact the QTC Education Program team on 1800 974 551 or email@example.com to discuss your organisational requirements, and your tailored workshop options.
"I undertook two workshops through QTC's education services through a graduate training program. Of the many types of training we received in the program, myself and my cohort found the QTC courses to be amongst the most valuable."