- Awareness and understanding of the procurement framework
- Importance of clarifying the business need and understanding the market
- Purpose and role of market sounding and analysis
- Consideration of ‘requirements specification’
- Contracting strategy and contracting tactics
- Sourcing and award issues including financial due diligence assessments
- Importance of improved contract management.
Who should attend?
The workshop is designed to assist those responsible for project evaluation and business case development and review, including board members, chief executive officers, finance and treasury managers, and professional officers. No knowledge of the topics is assumed; participants with prior experience may find the workshop useful to refresh and extend their knowledge.
The QTC Education Program is only available to Queensland Public Sector Employees (this includes employees of the Queensland Government, Queensland government departments, local governments, statutory corporations, and other entities to the extent they have an association or are related to the State of Queensland) and QTC employees. By registering for a workshop or webinar, you acknowledge that you are a Queensland Public Sector Employee. QTC/UQ reserves the right to unenroll any person that is not a Queensland Public Sector Employee or QTC employee from any workshop or webinar in the Education Program. If you are unenrolled from a workshop or webinar you will be entitled to receive a full refund of any workshop fees paid.
At the completion of the workshop participants will be able to understand:
- best practice government procurement framework and principles, and
- why a robust procurement management framework is critical to delivering business objectives that represent value-for-money.
In addition, participants will be able to:
- undertake effective business needs and market sounding analyses with an appropriate focus on probity
- select the correct strategy and tactics to enable the most effective procurement implementation, and
- ensure that contracts are sourced, awarded, and proactively managed in a way that creates prudent and efficient whole-of-life outcomes.
Participants will work in small teams on practical exercises that build over the day to link all aspects of a successful procurement framework and strategy. Teams will present their proposed strategies and underlying assumptions for group discussion.
Continuing professional development
Completion of QTC Education Program workshops may be recognised for the purpose of continuing professional development hours for members of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD), CPA Australia, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA), Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FINSIA), Governance Institute of Australia, and other professional bodies and associations.
"The hard-earned experiences of the public servant presenters offers the advantage of a learning experience tailored to the unique culture, challenges, and practices of work within the public service."