- Drivers of project management
- Project management principles
- Project lifecycle phases
- Project planning
- Front-end development
- Project drivers and objectives
- Establishing a project plan
- Barriers to effective project planning and execution
- Common project management methodologies
- Implementing effective project controls
- Measuring and reporting project performance
Who should attend?
The workshop is designed for executives and managers responsible for implementing project management frameworks, and staff responsible for project management, planning and execution. No knowledge of the topics is assumed; participants with prior experience may find the workshop useful to refresh and extend their knowledge.
The QTC Education Program is only available to Queensland Public Sector Employees (this includes employees of the Queensland Government, Queensland government departments, local governments, statutory corporations, and other entities to the extent they have an association or are related to the State of Queensland) and QTC employees. By registering for a workshop or webinar, you acknowledge that you are a Queensland Public Sector Employee. QTC/UQ reserves the right to unenroll any person that is not a Queensland Public Sector Employee or QTC employee from any workshop or webinar in the Education Program. If you are unenrolled from a workshop or webinar you will be entitled to receive a full refund of any workshop fees paid.
At the completion of the workshop participants will be able to understand:
- best-practice project planning and management principles used in the private sector and the Queensland Government
- key elements of a project management framework and their effective application
- the elements of the project lifecycle, including ‘span of control’ issues, and the critical role you can play in improving project management within your organisation.
In addition, participants will be able to:
- implement effective and ‘fit-for-purpose’ project controls
- apply project management knowledge, techniques and tools to deliver quality, value-for-money projects
- confidently consider behavioural issues when leading change and measuring project performance, and
- identify and avoid pitfalls that can lead to project failure.
Participants will take part in group discussions and work in small teams on practical exercises to apply project management disciplines and techniques they have learned.
Continuing professional development
Completion of QTC Education Program workshops may be recognised for the purpose of continuing professional development hours for members of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD), CPA Australia, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA), Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FINSIA), Governance Institute of Australia, and other professional bodies and associations.
|16 November - 23 November||Two 3-hour sessions||Online||$660|