- Financial governance frameworks
- Financial ratios
- Liquidity management
- Operating efficiency
- Capital structure
- Financial sustainability
- Efficient and effective asset management
- The interrelationship between financial statements, good financial decisions and prudent and efficient asset management.
Who should attend?
The workshop is designed for decision makers and finance staff who are responsible for financial reporting, financial risk management and/or project evaluation. It is presumed that participants will have prior experience at understanding and interpreting financial statements.
Participants with some existing knowledge can use the workshop to refresh and extend their knowledge.
The QTC Education Program is only available to Queensland Public Sector Employees (this includes employees of the Queensland Government, Queensland government departments, local governments, statutory corporations, and other entities to the extent they have an association or are related to the State of Queensland) and QTC employees. By registering for a workshop or webinar, you acknowledge that you are a Queensland Public Sector Employee. QTC/UQ reserves the right to unenroll any person that is not a Queensland Public Sector Employee or QTC employee from any workshop or webinar in the Education Program. If you are unenrolled from a workshop or webinar you will be entitled to receive a full refund of any workshop fees paid.
At the completion of the workshop participants will be able to understand:
- how to use financial ratios to interrogate financial statements to assess the drivers of financial performance
- the key drivers of financial risk management and financial sustainability
- examine the liquidity, operating efficiency, capital structure suitability, profitability, and sustainability of an entity
- identify opportunities for improving financial performance
- monitor an entity’s progress towards sustainability.
Working individually or in small teams, participants will apply knowledge and techniques covered in the course to successfully understand and interpret an organisation’s financial statements. They will use ratio analysis to identify the historical drivers of financial performance and identify opportunities to improve performance going forward. Financial ratio formulae will be provided. Participants will also learn how to calculate the components necessary for financial ratio analysis themselves.
Download workshop brochure
Continuing professional development
Completion of QTC Education Program workshops may be recognised for the purpose of continuing professional development hours for members of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD), CPA Australia, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA), Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FINSIA), Governance Institute of Australia, and other professional bodies and associations.
"As the workshops are delivered by government affiliates, the language and course content is related to our government environment. An enjoyable day. Great content and informative discussions."