- Financial governance for decision making
- Fit-for-purpose governance framework
- Financial acumen for decision making
- Signing off on general purpose financial reports
- Budgeting to support accurate financial forecasting and management reporting
- Understanding and applying financial ratios
- Financial sustainability
- Ratios and other analysis
- Asset management concepts and principles
- Government business case and procurement guidelines
- Asset lifespan costing decisions
- Service level decisions to drive asset management
- Financial statements, decisions and asset management
Who should attend?
This course is designed for finance staff and decision makers who are responsible for financial risk management or the financial evaluation of projects.
No prior knowledge of the topics is assumed, however participants with previous experience in these fields may benefit from the course to refresh and extend their understanding.
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand an efficient financial governance framework
- Recognise the key drivers of financial risk management and financial sustainability
- Build confidence in analysing financial information and financially sustainable decision-making
- Use tools and techniques to measure, summarise, and assess financial performance, delivering value-for-money outcomes
Participants will work individually and in small teams to analyse a public sector organisation’s financial performance. The exercises will give participants an opportunity to discuss and apply techniques in a practical context to inform sustainable financial decision making.
This course is delivered in a format that provides multiple touchpoints and reflective activities to apply the learnings in your work context.
Note: Delivered on non-consecutive days. Refer to calendar for delivery dates.
- Day 1: Full-day, in-person, UQ Brisbane City campus
- Self-paced online learning activity (approximately 3-4 hours)
- Day 2: 3-hour virtual session
Commitment to all sessions within this course is essential for an optimised learning experience.
Michael is an experienced executive level government senior consultant with experience across a range of organisational service functions. Michael has over 23+ years combined experience in financial strategy and operations, and in providing strategic advice particularly for the local government industry from both the private and public sectors. Michael can clearly articulate complex financial and other issues in terms easily understood by executives, board members and elected representatives.
|11 July - 6 August||1.5 days||UQ Brisbane City||$843.75|
By registering for the course, you acknowledge the registration terms and conditions, including eligibility and cancellation policy.
If this time does not suit, subscribe to the newsletter for alerts on upcoming workshops. Alternatively, contact the QTC Education Program team on 1800 974 551 or email email@example.com to discuss your requirements.
"The hard-earned experiences of the public servant presenters offers the advantage of a learning experience tailored to the unique culture, challenges and practices of work within the public service."