- Introduction to funding (borrowing) and investment options
- Funding instruments
- Investment instruments
- QTC’s client products
- Credit Risk Analysis
- Credit assessment framework
Who should attend?
This course is designed for those responsible for financial, funding, or surplus cash management. This can include:
- board members
- chief executive officers, and
- finance and treasury managers.
No prior knowledge of the topics is assumed, however participants with previous experience in these fields may benefit from the course to refresh and extend their understanding.
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify, compare and select the most appropriate funding and investment instruments available to your organisation
- Identify internal and external drivers of credit risk
- Analyse the credit worthiness of your organisation and relate it to funding availability
- Understand the role of QTC in managing Queensland’s debt and explore debt and investment products it offers to the public sector
Participants will work individually and in small teams on exercises to gain real-life insight by evaluating different funding and investment products. The exercises will give participants an opportunity to discuss and apply newly learned techniques in a practical context.
This course is delivered in a format that provides multiple touchpoints and reflective activities to apply the learnings in your work context.
Note: Delivered on non-consecutive days. Refer to calendar for delivery dates.
- Day 1: Full-day, in-person, UQ Brisbane City campus
- Self-paced online learning activity (approximately 3-4 hours)
- Day 2: 3-hour virtual session
Commitment to all sessions within this course is essential for an optimised learning experience.
Ihtisham Malik (PhD, UQ)
Lecturer in Finance | Academic Lead QTC Education Program
Ihtisham is a Lecturer in Finance at The University of Queensland (UQ), also having earned his PhD in finance from UQ in 2020. Ihtisham has vast experience in facilitating capacity building courses for Queensland’s public sector and is also the UQ Executive Academic Lead for the joint public sector finance program with the Queensland Treasury Corporation (QTC).
By registering for the course, you acknowledge the registration terms and conditions, including eligibility and cancellation policy.
If this time does not suit, subscribe to the newsletter for alerts on upcoming workshops. Alternatively, contact the QTC Education Program team on 1800 974 551 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements.
"The hard-earned experiences of the public servant presenters offers the advantage of a learning experience tailored to the unique culture, challenges and practices of work within the public service."